8.02.2008

Loverboy!!

OK. We all have woke up with a song in our heads, so don't judge me. My song this morning is one from the soundtrack of Dirty Dancing. [SIDE NOTE: Attention all men...if you want to get your girl all randy, stick that in the DVR. Oh, my gosh. All of the grinding hips, sweat, provocative looks and grinding hips. Oh. I said that.] The song that invaded my sleeping mind this morning? Love is Strange.

When I hear this song, I can't help but see Nikki and Jeremy acting it out on our living room floor. And they both had it down perfectly. Dead serious, crawling across the floor towards each other singing the chorus. It was probably the funniest thing I ever saw. And wrong in so many ways. But they did it with such commitment and gusto. You might ask yourself how they got it so perfect? Simple. My sister, Barb, and I had a few days of watching it over and over and over again. So, I guess they just picked it up.

This song now makes me think of my loverboy, Bumble. He is all that loves musicals, Patrick Swazye, show tunes and Dirty Dancing. Yes. Especially musicals.

Here is the chorus that Nikki and Jeremy sang so many years ago, revised for me and Bumble:

[BUMBLE:]
Sharon...

[ME:]
Yes Bumble?

[BUMBLE:]
How do you call your loverboy?

[ME:]
Come 'ere loverboy!!

[BUMBLE:]
And if he doesnt answer?

[ME:]
Ohh loverboy!

[BUMBLE:]
And if he STILL doesnt answer?

[ME:]
I simply say
Baby,
Oohh baby
My sweet baby
You're the one


Drew

My sweet baby...Bumble

No comments:

Post a Comment