9.12.2008

The Dirty Girls Social Club and The Island

A quick review on two books I've recently read.


The first was The Island, which was a different book. But, I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others to read. Not at all what I expected. One part both Bumble and I remarked on after reading...when she was talking about the Greeks and their love for Nescafe coffee. We had to laugh, for our Greek, Stravos, got me hooked on it years ago!

The second was The Dirty Girls Social Club. It started out I didn't like it. You know...one of those books "Should I finish it or not". Consequently I didn't pay as close attention to detail as I should have. Then all of a sudden, whammy, I was hooked. But, I'm not a repeat offender, so it goes against my nature to backtrack and reread anything. (Maybe that is why going to school was such a drag for me.) In the end, I managed to piece it together and thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment