9.20.2008

Because I can...

Today involved a trip to St. Augustine. Even though we live in St. Augustine, it is still a trip. If the truth be known, going anyplace from Suckcreek Drive is a trip. Not unless you count The Loop and Publix. Bless their hearts.

This trip involved breakfast out, as most of our trips do, mainly because I am not generally known as a cooker of breakfasts. I don't enjoy the mess of breakfast (how can one meal dirty all of my bowls and pots?) so that is what led us to this new little joint. And a joint it is. It looks like it started as a one room cabin in 1950 and they have added a room or level every 5 years there after. It is called the Oasis...or more correctly The World Famous Oasis. I had some of the absolutely best home fries I have eaten in a resturant! And a helping big enough for me and the rest of the dining room I was in. And since it was raining, and photo ops were going to be scarce, I shot odd things.

My coffee mug...Oasis almost worn off


We then moseyed on over to the Seafood Shoppe. I waited in the car while Bumble braved the sprinkles for jumbo shrimp.

Sign from Tahoe window


We also went into the Discount Grocery Store next door. It is only the best place in the world! For $12.48 we walked out with ummmm...4, maybe 5 bags of foreign cookies and some not so foreign, but fancy never the less, 3 bottles of squeezable condensed milk for yummy coffee drinks in the mornings, jar of exotic spicy mustard, lovely pear preserves, Nutella, box of onion soup mix, bottle of shrimp boil spices, 3 cans of fat free sweetened condensed milk (not to be confused with my squeezable ones) for bananna pudding, a box of chicken broth...organic, and probably a few other things that have slipped my mind. Simply awesome.

And, like I said, it is raining. So when we got home I played in PhotoShop and made this little montage :-) that showcases a little group of actions that I have grown to love. I'm going to put it here. Why? Because I can.

Aly's Vintage Actions Montage (click for large view)


That pretty much brings everyone up to date. I'm now looking a silent screen of football (Tennessee vs Florida) and Bumble is in his office studying for 2 exams on Monday. Poor baby.

Oh...I almost forgot. We went to the Denoel French Pastry Shop and got two...count them...two fancy pastries. A little pricey, but hey...it is FRENCH!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the coffee mug shot. And i can't wait to get all up in that grocery store!

    ReplyDelete