12.07.2007

My Boy Bumble

The burning question that is causing insomnia across the country...How did Bumble get his name?

It's origin was many years ago. I don't remember the exact moment. But while talking to Nikki, I referred to him as My Boy Bumble. I don't know exactly why either, except that I always loved the little Sesame Street cartoon about Bumble and his mother, Sweet Adeline. It had been hiding in a corner of my mind until that moment. I called him My Boy Bumble and it stuck. Oddly enough, Bumble didn't know until recently that was our code word for him.

Now I have new and exciting information about that little cartoon. The voice of Bumble is Jim Henson, and Jim Henson Productions is credited for the film. Animation is by Maurice Sendak. And we all know him, right? In my mind he is best known for Where the Wild Things Are.

Occasionally I have searched for something on this Sesame Street animation. Until today I came up with nada. This was the jackpot! I found it on YouTube!! So, enjoy. I certainly did.

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeek!! I love him. The animation all makes sense now, it has that "Wild Things" feel to it.
    Love love loooooove it!
    xoxo
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete