11.22.2007

My latest read


This was my first book by Gregory Maguire. I have to say, it was enchanting. I was completely caught up in it.

Saying that makes me feel bad after my review of the last book I read. Dang. I have to get better taste. I feel like a literary backwoods redneck.

But, I did enjoy this book more. It took something that I grew up with and gave me a whole new way of looking at it. As a matter of fact, it showed me that what is presented is not necessarily the whole story. Actually I always knew this. I just never applied it to fairy tales.

This book, other than making me feel like apologizing profusely for my lack of good taste, opened my eyes to the unexpected. Not that this book is in bad taste. It just isn't a pulitzer prize winner. I would nominate it. Maybe under a whimsy little category...inside fairy tales. Of course, there is no such category, so I shall go on reading what I like and apologizing as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment