10.22.2007

The plague

I'm laying here in bed hacking my head off. That is why I'm not at work. It doesn't seem prudent to try and cough up a lung during surgery. So, I stayed home. I know it sounds like I'm a weakling, but honest to God, I sometimes cough so hard I think I may crack a rib.

Bumble started the plague. He is feeling better I believe. Which in turn gives me some glimmer of hope. Although he never went through the coughing phase of this ordeal. Leave it to me to open up a new strain of the disease. No, I'm sure it is a disease. No little cold could do this to a person.

Like I said, Bumble started this mess. Nikki jumped on the band wagon about the same time I did. She seems to be weathering it fairly well. Like I said, I discovered the deadly strain of this disease.

Bumble is like the cough patrolman. He is forever shoving a little bucket full of nasty, foul cough syrup in my face. I've seen him chase Nikki down with it too. It is his job...pill pusher. I must say, his efforts do seem to work. If I'm not coughing, I'm in a drug induced haze and don't really care.

Yesterday they timed their lives by my coughing. For example...when she coughs 3 more times I'm going to get up and take a shower....or 2 more coughs and I'm snacking. They are irritating.

Now, I think I'm going to pass out. I'm pretty tired. But before I do...did I mention that Bumble takes better care of me than anyone else? Even though he is not feeling so good himself, he is forever looking after me. He is the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment