10.01.2007

ClimateCounts

While packing my lunch for the day, I put in a carton of yogurt. I have a history with yogurt. I want to love it but, alas, I don't. Yesterday I bought three different brands to see if there is one that I do like. The darn stuff just has so much calcium. The brand I'm trying today is StonyField Farm. Already I'm confused. My carton says 'Natural', but on their site it states that all their products are 'Organic'. Well, dang. OK, hold on a minute...had I read further into their site it says that last week the conversion to all organic products occurred. Which now brings up another problem. Is my yogurt that old? I'm not even going to think about that.

Their site is pretty good for yogurt. I just found out they make Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt that has 0% fat, just 100 calories per six-ounce serving, twice the protein of regular yogurt, and fewer carbohydrates. I may have to look into that one due to the protein clause.

OK, if I can tear myself away from their site, I will get on with what I started this post about. While packing my lunch for the day I put a in a carton of yogurt. On that yogurt carton it had a wealth of information to read. (Much like their website and cereal boxes.) Written on the lid:
Your next puchase could change the world.

Make a differency by supporting companies that take climate change seriously-and avoiding those that don't.

Find out companies' rankings at ClimateCounts.Org


Bumble and I were just talking about that the other day. No. Really. We don't always talk about the next Men in Trees episode.

Well, it is time to head out to work. When I get a chance I'm going to explore ClimateCounts and see what solutions or insights they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment